Sunday, January 22, 2012

"The implantation"

So I kept feeling my mom recently. Hearing her favorite scriptures and songs. Being in situations that just reminded me of her and so on. Tonight when we got back from church my 3 year old son looked up to the sky and he said, "Mommy you see that star there, that is grammie". I immediately turned to him and I asked, "Son what made you say that?". His little face glowed and he said, "You see how bright it is, it's just like her."  I turned to him and asked with tears in my eyes, "Do you miss her?" He responded yes, "But she is in my heart". Sometimes we often wonder why our loved ones are taken away from us? We know that they are with the Lord, however that pain and void tends to consume us ever so often. I truly believe that when you are connected to someone on not just an emotional but spiritual level, God allows a certain implantation to take place. My mother and I were closer than any words could ever describe. Ever since she passed, whenever I feel like I am in a difficult position, I feel something way down on the inside that just reminds me of her peaceful nature. She had so many things that seemed so "unfinished" . Many times we think that our loved ones that left us did not accomplish all that they were "supposed" to. But maybe they left an "implantation" with us. Maybe we were the ones that had to carry on their legacy. Maybe they passed the baton to us. The question is, are you going to drop it? I always say my mom had some HUGE shoes to fill, but my prayer is that I just continue to be a loving, understanding, patient, kind and selfless soul that she was. We don't need to "fill" their shoes, but I think we need to discover our own. I look at my children each and everyday and even though my pain is indescribable, I really wonder how do they feel? They adored my mother. They were her world. Every time I look at them I see something she implanted. Their praying hearts, their soft nature, the ability to discern, sensitivity and so much more. Even though they are gone from the natural, they implanted something within us that is powerful, everlasting and overwhelmingly special.
~Thank you Lord for the implantation, I am forever grateful. Mummy I miss you beyond measure, thank you for EVERYTHING you taught me. I pray that I will continue to be ALL that I can be for God's glory~

2 comments:

  1. This is so powerful and inspiring:) So true Jackie was amzing and sweet little zack so sweet.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she was Cherie and so was Gigi. Love you always!!!

    ReplyDelete

We can do ALL things

We can do ALL things

Place your life in God's hands

Place your life in God's hands

Have FAITH to BELIEVE

Have FAITH to BELIEVE